CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
During this time of uncertainty, I would like to reassure you that I am taking the COVID-19 pandemic seriously and the health and safety of my students is important to me. Upon arriving at class there is a hand sanitising station to use before entering and again when you leave. I also spray the room with disinfectant and wipe all surfaces with disinfectant before and after class. You have your own table to work at, with the required space between each student.
Sat 10 October – On the Forest Floor Let’s get close and personal with leaves, twigs, mushrooms, and little critters that inhabit our forest floors. $70 ** 3 spaces left **
Time: 9.30 am to 1.30 pm (Masterclass weekend 9.30 am to 3.30 pm both days)
Venue: The Orange Palette, 1A/31 Berriman Drive, Wangara WA
Cost: See costs at the end of each workshop description. Price includes tuition and morning tea. Equipment extra. BYO Lunch. Hire fee of $25 if hire of equipment is required.
To enrol, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0450 524 229.
Watercolour Classes October/November 2020
** Numbers limited to 11 students per class, so book in early to avoid disappointment. Payment is required one week prior to start date.**
Mondays – 9.30 am to 12.00 noon (Basic knowledge required) 1 space left
19, 26 Oct, 02, 09, 16, 23, 30 Nov
Wednesdays – 6.30 pm to 9.00 pm (All skill levels) 3 spaces left
14, 21, 28 Oct, 04, 11, 18, 25 Nov
Fridays – 9.30 am to 12.00 noon (All skill levels) Full
16, 23, 30 Oct, 06, 13, 20, 27 Nov
Saturdays – 9.30 am to 12.00 noon (Basic knowledge required) Full
17, 24 Oct, 07, 14, 21, 28 Nov, 05 Dec (no class 31 Oct)
Saturdays – 12.30 pm to 3.00 pm (All skill levels) Full
17, 24 Oct, 07, 14, 21, 28 Nov, 05 Dec (no class 31 Oct)
Cost – $220 for 7 weeks (ongoing students take $20 off)
Venue – The Orange Palette, Unit 1a/31 Berriman Drive, Wangara
Contact me on 0450524229 or email@example.com to enrol.
Private Painting Lessons
I also teach private watercolor painting classes, for those aspiring artists who don’t like being confined to a class environment, or whose work requirements are not that flexible. If you are interested in private one-to-one watercolour lessons, the cost (including materials, and payable in advance) is:
$120 for 2 hours
$160 for 3 hours
$190 for 4 hours
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0450 524 229 to book your first session.
Painting Classes FAQs
- Do I need any experience to attend your watercolour painting classes? This is the most common question I am asked. No, you do not need any experience at all to attend my classes. My classes are designed so that you can follow along step by step when you are new to watercolour and later as you progress, I encourage you step outside of your comfort zone and experiment with colours, shapes, brush strokes etc to develop your own style.
- Is watercolour a difficult medium to work with? Yes and no. The only difficult thing about watercolour painting is that you need to plan a little bit more because watercolour does not allow you to make too many mistakes. I do share my tips on how to correct mistakes so you have nothing to worry about though. Watercolour can actually be quite easy to work with as its unpredictability can actually be a wonderful happy asset when painting, which means it often does the work for you without you even realising it!
- What benefits will I receive from painting in watercolour? The sky’s the limit with what you can achieve once you start painting in watercolour. The learning journey itself can be such a pleasure because you suddenly notice things differently around you and you start to wonder how you will paint something – what colours you’d use, how you’d capture the light and the shadow etc. It’s amazing how painting can be great for your health. Painting can be so therapeutic and you’ll find you’ll get lost in your own world at times as you squeeze out your paints, mix with your brush and dab, splash and stroke away. The social aspects are fantastic too. Many friendships have been formed in my classes, and everyone is helpful and supportive. You’ll feel like part of a family in my classes.
- Should I be able to draw first before I attend painting classes? No, it’s not absolutely necessary. At each class I hand out the picture that we’ll be painting from in the following class. That will give you a week to draw the picture at home so that you can get straight into painting once you come to class the following week. I give advice on how to draw the tricky bits and make changes so that the picture is more interesting. Most of my pictures are adaptable which means you can leave out parts that are too hard to draw and you can add other bits instead. For example, if we are painting the ocean, you could leave out any people on the beach and just add a seagull or two in the sky.
- I’m nervous when painting around others. How friendly are the other students? My classes, whilst remaining structured, are also informal and friendly. Everyone is made to feel welcome and everyone works at their own pace so there’s no pressure to turn out a masterpiece every time. I have noticed too, that students love to share information with others so if you’re stuck on anything, your painting neighbour is more than likely to tell you about a time when they had the same problem and how they fixed it! We have lots of laughs in our class, and yet there are also moments of silence when each person has their head down in deep concentration.
- Are the watercolor painting classes just for women or can men attend too? My classes are for men AND women, regardless of age, experience, and background. The men who attend my classes are sometimes outnumbered but they never feel left out or intimidated. In fact, most of them enjoy having so many women around them and there is often lots of “women vs men” banter thrown about!