CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
During this time of uncertainty, I would like to reassure you that I am taking the COVID-19 pandemic seriously and the health and safety of my students is important to me. I have provided hand sanitising solution to use before, during and after class, and I spray the room with disinfectant and wipe all surfaces before and after class. You have your own table to work at, with enough space between each student.
Watercolour Workshops Oct/Nov/Dec 2021, Jan 2022
Watercolour workshops are great for those who want to paint a specific subject; those who can’t commit to a term of classes; or those who would like to try watercolour for the first time (a workshop will help you decide whether to continue on with a term of classes).
Fri 15 Oct 2021 – Watercolour on Yupo Paper Find out why Yupo paper is so popular in this exciting workshop where your approach to painting is different to the usual watercolour painting techniques. Suitable for all skill levels. $77 (+ $33 equipment hire if required).
Sun 17 Oct 2021 – Let’s Go Hippie Channel your inner hippie with this fun workshop where we’ll paint a kombi then add some fun hippie designs on it. Bring some design ideas along, such as peace signs, hearts, rainbows, daisies and more. You can even add some collage pieces to your finished masterpiece. Suitable for all skill levels. $77 (+ $33 equipment hire if required).
Sun 14 Nov 2021 – Watercolour Christmas Cards Create beautiful, original watercolour Christmas cards to give to those special people in your life. I’ll show you how to paint simple, effective Christmas designs that will take only a matter of minutes for each design. Book early as this workshop will be popular. Suitable for all skill levels. $77 (+ $33 equipment hire if required).
Sat 18 Dec 2021 – Botanical Flowers Learn how to paint flowers like the botanic artists do. We’ll be using real flowers in this workshop, studying each part carefully and transferring our observations to paper. Suitable for all skill levels. $77 (+ $33 equipment hire if required).
Mon 27 and Tue 28 Dec 2021 – Watercolour Masterclass Choose a more complicated subject and paint it on a large watercolour sheet. I’ll show you how to create great composition, mood and colour matching in order to make the most of your scene. This workshop is suitable for students who have a good understanding of the basics of watercolour. $220 (+ $53 equipment hire if required).
Thu 30 Dec 2021 – Pen and Wash
Learn how to combine ink and watercolour in a fun and easy way. A great method to learn if you like travelling and would like to sketch scenes along the way for a visual diary. Suitable for all skill levels.Suitable for all skill levels. $77 (+ $33 equipment hire if required).
Thu 20 Jan 2022 – Australian Landscapes in Watercolour
Follow along with me as I paint a classic Australian landscape, complete with beautiful gum trees, distant hills, a stunning blue sky, and typical Aussie red earth. Suitable for all skill levels. $77 (+ $33 equipment hire if required).
Sat 22 and Sun 23 Jan 2022 – Watercolour Masterclass Choose a more complicated subject and paint it on a large watercolour sheet. I’ll show you how to create great composition, mood and colour matching in order to make the most of your scene. This workshop is suitable for students who have a good understanding of the basics of watercolour. $220 (+ $53 equipment hire if required).
Fri 28 Jan 2022 – Introduction to Watercolour Illustration
If you’re keen to discover the world of watercolour illustration, I’ll help you to get started. This workshop will help you with initial sketches, colour studies, and painting techniques including the use of watercolour, pen, and coloured pencils. Suitable for all skill levels.Suitable for all skill levels. $77 (+ $33 equipment hire if required).
Sat 29 Jan 2022 – Watercolour on Board
If you’ve always wondered if it’s possible to paint with watercolour on board (and not have to frame it behind glass), then this workshop will tick both of those boxes for you. I’ll show you how to paint a simple subject onto a prepared board (which I’ll supply), and then show you how to finish it off so that you can frame it without using class. This workshop will fill up fast so book in quick! Suitable for all skill levels.Suitable for all skill levels. $99 (including prepared board).
Time: Each workshop at Wangara 9.30 am to 1.30 pm (unless stated otherwise)
Venue: The Orange Palette, 1A/31 Berriman Drive, Wangara WA
Cost: See costs at the end of each workshop description. Price includes tuition and morning tea. Equipment hire fee extra. BYO Lunch.
To enrol, contact me at email@example.com or 0450 524 229.
Watercolour Classes Oct/Nov/Dec 2021
** Numbers limited, so book in early to avoid disappointment. Payment is required one week prior to start date.**
Mondays – 9.30 am to 12.00 noon (Basic knowledge required) **1 space left**
18, 25 Oct, 01, 08, 15, 22, 29 Nov, 06 Dec – 8 wks
Mondays – 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm (1 space left)
18, 25 Oct, 01, 08, 15, 22, 29 Nov, 06 Dec – 8 wks
Wednesdays – 6.30 pm to 9.00 pm (All skill levels – 4 spaces left)
20, 27 Oct, 03, 10, 17, 24 Nov, 01, 08 Dec – 8 wks
Fridays – 9.30 am to 12.00 noon (All skill levels) **1 space left**
22, 29 Oct, 05, 12, 19, 26 Nov, 03 Dec – 7 wks
Saturday Mornings – 9.30 am to 12.00 noon (Basic knowledge required) **Waitlist only**
23, 30 Oct, 06, 13, 20, 27 Nov, 04 Dec – 7 wks
Cost – $275 for 8 weeks (ongoing students take $25 off), $238 for 7 weeks (ongoing students take $25 off)
Venue – The Orange Palette, Unit 1a/31 Berriman Drive, Wangara
Contact me on 0450524229 or firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol.
Private Painting Lessons
I also teach private watercolor painting classes, for those aspiring artists who don’t like being confined to a class environment, or whose work requirements are not that flexible. If you are interested in private one-to-one watercolour lessons, the cost (including materials, and payable in advance) is:
$154 for 2 hours
$198 for 3 hours
$242 for 4 hours
Contact me at email@example.com or call me on 0450 524 229 to book your first session.
Painting Classes FAQs
- Do I need any experience to attend your watercolour painting classes? This is the most common question I am asked. No, you do not need any experience at all to attend my classes. My classes are designed so that you can follow along step by step when you are new to watercolour and later as you progress, I encourage you step outside of your comfort zone and experiment with colours, shapes, brush strokes etc to develop your own style.
- Is watercolour a difficult medium to work with? Yes and no. The only difficult thing about watercolour painting is that you need to plan a little bit more because watercolour does not allow you to make too many mistakes. I do share my tips on how to correct mistakes so you have nothing to worry about though. Watercolour can actually be quite easy to work with as its unpredictability can actually be a wonderful happy asset when painting, which means it often does the work for you without you even realising it!
- What benefits will I receive from painting in watercolour? The sky’s the limit with what you can achieve once you start painting in watercolour. The learning journey itself can be such a pleasure because you suddenly notice things differently around you and you start to wonder how you will paint something – what colours you’d use, how you’d capture the light and the shadow etc. It’s amazing how painting can be great for your health. Painting can be so therapeutic and you’ll find you’ll get lost in your own world at times as you squeeze out your paints, mix with your brush and dab, splash and stroke away. The social aspects are fantastic too. Many friendships have been formed in my classes, and everyone is helpful and supportive. You’ll feel like part of a family in my classes.
- Should I be able to draw first before I attend painting classes? No, it’s not absolutely necessary. At each class I hand out the picture that we’ll be painting from in the following class. That will give you a week to draw the picture at home so that you can get straight into painting once you come to class the following week. I give advice on how to draw the tricky bits and make changes so that the picture is more interesting. Most of my pictures are adaptable which means you can leave out parts that are too hard to draw and you can add other bits instead. For example, if we are painting the ocean, you could leave out any people on the beach and just add a seagull or two in the sky.
- I’m nervous when painting around others. How friendly are the other students? My classes, whilst remaining structured, are also informal and friendly. Everyone is made to feel welcome and everyone works at their own pace so there’s no pressure to turn out a masterpiece every time. I have noticed too, that students love to share information with others so if you’re stuck on anything, your painting neighbour is more than likely to tell you about a time when they had the same problem and how they fixed it! We have lots of laughs in our class, and yet there are also moments of silence when each person has their head down in deep concentration.
- Are the watercolor painting classes just for women or can men attend too? My classes are for men AND women, regardless of age, experience, and background. The men who attend my classes are sometimes outnumbered but they never feel left out or intimidated. In fact, most of them enjoy having so many women around them and there is often lots of “women vs men” banter thrown about!